Scholarships opportunities are often emailed or mailed to the Counseling Suite. We wanted to share the following information with you! Also make sure you check out the information underneath the tabs in the menu to the left of this page. Please see your counselor if you have any questions.
American Society of Civil Engineers (Posted 3/21/17)
Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017 (during Spring Break) - Students must turn their applications in to Mrs. Foust by Friday, March 24.
1. Must attend a civil engineering program an an Alabama University/College that is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology - Engineering Accreditation Commission (ABET-EAC).
2. Is in a position to accept the scholarship in year awarded.
3. Is a US citizen or permanent resident of the US and a resident of Blount, Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Cullman, Etowah, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Randolph, Talladega or Walker county in the state of Alabama.
4. Must be a high school graduating senior entering freshman year of college.
5. All required information has to be completed on the application form. Additional pages will not be considered. Applications can be found in the top drawer of the filing cabinet located in the seating area of the Counseling Suite.
The Great Clips Scholarship Program (Posted 2/24/17)
Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017
Great Clips, Inc., the world's largest hair care brand, is sponsoring the Great Scholarship Program by setting aside $100,000 to distribute in scholarships for high school students who are interested in pursuing a cosmetology career. Great Clips aims to support students by providing tuition assistance or cosmetology tools to get them started. Scholarships range from $250 to $1,500. Get started at www.greatclipscareers.com/scholarships.
ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) Birmingham Branch Scholarship
Deadline: Submitted electronically or postmarked by Friday, March 31, 2017.
The Birmingham Branch of ASCE is offering a scholarship to high school seniors throughout Central Alabama. The scholarship is restricted to students who attend a civil engineering program at a university or college in Alabama that has been accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology-Engineering Accreditation Commission (ABET-EAC). The application is available online at www.bham-asce.org: Resources > Scholarships. Applications are also available in the top drawer of the filing cabinet located in the seating area of the Counseling Suite.
Alfa Foundation Scholarship Program (Posted 2/28/17)
Deadline: Saturday, April 1, 2017
The Alfa Foundation is helping cover the cost of college or technical school tuition for up to 100 outstanding students. High school seniors who are planning to enroll in a two- or four-year college, university or technical school in the State of Alabama are encouraged to apply. One hundred $1,000 scholarships will be awarded statewide. To be eligible, applicant must be a member of the Alabama Farmers Federation. Contact an ALFA Insurance agent or call 1-800-964-2532 to join. Apply online at AlfaInsurance.com.
Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union Scholarship
Deadline: Received by Monday, April 3, 2017
Coosa Pines Federal Credit Union will be awarding sixteen (16) $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school members planning to pursue post-secondary education in the fall of 2017. The scholarships will be awarded to students who are members of Coosa Pines FCU members and who exemplify credit union values of personal and civic responsibility through their grades, extracurricular activities, essay responses, letter(s) of recommendation, and/or community service. Applications are available on the credit union website: www.CoosaPines FCU.org. Applications are also available in the top drawer of the filing cabinet located in the seating area of the Counseling Suite.
Hooper City Alumni Association, Inc., Scholarship (Posted 3/1/17)
Deadline: Arrive at the address by Saturday, April 8, 2017.
The Hooper City Alumni Scholarships are established to provide financial and other assistance to deserving students in Jefferson County, Alabama. Scholarship requirements: (1) Students must be attending college full-time, (2) Applying students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Click here for the application or pick up an application located in the top drawer of the filing cabinet located in the seating area of the Counseling Suite.
Morris, King & Hodge Law - Texting and Driving Essay Scholarship (Posted 2/17/17)
Deadline: Must be submitted online by Friday, April 21, 2017.
Morris, King & Hodge Law is offering a great scholarship opportunity for seniors. This contest was created to spread the word about dangers of texting and driving. There are three prizes that will be awarded: 1st Place - $2,000; 2nd Place - $1,200; and 3rd Place - $1,000. Participants must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words on the following topic: How can we educate our community about the dangers of distracted driving? AND What are some practical ways we can drastically reduce distracted driving related accidents? All applications have to be submitted online at: www.mkhlawyers.com/scholarship/.
Herb Hanes - Bill Sparks Athletic or Athletic-Related Scholarship (Posted 3/21/17)
Application Received by Tuesday, April 18, 2017
The Ensley High School Alumni Association, Inc., is receiving applications for the Herb Hanes - Bill Sparks Scholarship. The scholarship in the amount of $2,500 will be paid to any Alabama college or university of the winner's choice to be used for tuition and books.
Applicant must have:
1. Participated in varsity athletics or in an athletic-related activity (cheerleader, trainer, dance team, etc.) at a Jefferson or Shelby County, Alabama, high school.
2. Been accepted into a four-year Alabama college or university.
3. Completed application.
4. Three (3) letters of recommendation: coach/sponsor, teacher, friend/employer/clergy/etc.
5. High school transcript.
Applications are available in the top drawer of the filing cabinet located in the seating area of the Counseling Suite.
Carlton Reese Memorial Unity Choir Scholarship (Posted 3/21/17)
Application Received by Thursday, April 27, 2017
The Carlton Reese memorial Unity Choir, Inc., will again award scholarships to deserving high school seniors from the Greater Birmingham Area. Awards are: First Prize - $2,000; Second Prize - $1,500; Third Prize - $1,000.
Candidate must submit:
1. The completed application form.
2. A letter of introduction stating career plans, goals for studying music need for financial assistance, as well as, the purpose, time and place that the money will be used. This letter should include evidence of leadership/involvement in school, community and church activities.
3. The candidate should include a Music Resume' of the applicant's musical experiences including band/orchestra/choir, recitals, performances, honors, summer workshops and repertory examples.
4. Two letter of reference from music teachers or professionals in the field which reflect the candidate's talent, ability, performances and/or potential.
Applications are available in the top drawer of the filing cabinet located in the sitting area of the Counseling Suite.
BigSun Scholarship (Posted 2/28/17)
Deadline: Must be submitted online by Monday, June 19, 2017.
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. They are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they play. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official. Amount: $500. Visit the BigSun website to learn how to apply: http://www.bigsunathletics.com.
Army ROTC Scholarships at University of South Alabama
Army ROTC is looking for you at the University of South Alabama! (They also offer ROTC scholarships to Spring Hill College and the University of Mobile.) Dirk Tyson, Army ROTC Recruiting and Operations Officer at USA, encourages you to have a look at the USA Army ROTC webpage at http://www.southalabama.edu/armyrotc/index.html to see what an ideal opportunity this might be. The Army ROTC Scholarship application can be completed at www.goarmy.com/rotc. Dirk Tyson is avialable to talk to students and parents: (251) 461-1582 or email at email@example.com. There are several brochures located in the top drawer of the filing cabinet in the waiting area of the Counseling Suite.